NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm

Yeah no big advantage to shift plus it'll hurt gas milage so I'll probably just keep it in 4th. Only real problem for me is exit of 2. A little too much speed and you're in the wall. Should be a good race
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 9:00 pm

New transmission sound makes these things sound super charged
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 10:30 pm

Well FUCK! I had a shot at the win, over drove 1, got pissed and over drove the exit of 3 and ended in the wall.
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 10:38 pm

Nice. Still managed a good finish. I made a booboo and pit on lap 19 at that caution and took my tires thinking it was gonna go green the rest of the way. Can't believe I was able to hold that high of a spot on 40 lap old tires. I think it was about 10 laps before anyone else took tires. They were not holding anything on that last run. I've never driven that defensive in my life. Hell of a race though. Pretty cool track.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 10:41 pm

Yeah I like that track.

By the way...sorry about coming up on you on that restart. I saw you coming but I thought I had plenty of room. You closed in SO fast, scared the hell out of me. I yelled out loud "oh shit" and my wife freaked out..haha. Really sorry man, I hope that didn't mess you up too bad.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

Nah I saw you down there and drug the brake to give you a gap. I had fresh tires so I was just cruising trying to conserve. Didn't want to go 2 wide into turn 2 that early. Can't believe the fuel that track uses, I had to pit again just to take fuel to make it to the end.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016, 8:13 pm

Hey are you on facebook? Check this out. Its a post from Greg on his facebook page. The comments section is blowing up. Haha!

https://www.facebook.com/gregisreallyawesome?fref=nf
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016, 8:31 pm

I don't have fb. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016, 8:32 pm

Oh also, I don't have Michigan so good luck.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016, 8:43 pm

This is the article he posted.....https://pretendracecars.net/2016/04/05/hero-of-the-day/

Basically is Justin Fuller (from URL) in an online shouting match with Greg. Justin called out Greg for making fun of Timmy Hill and called him a keyboard warrior. Greg called him fat. Justin called him an immature keyboard warrior. Greg called him a fatass and mocked him for picking a fight at Watkins Glen with a guy who asked him to sit. More keyboard warrior jokes followed by baby mama jokes and asking Greg if he was inbred because he is very, very short.

The best part of the whole thing though is the memes. God I love memes!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016, 8:49 pm

Sounds great. Can't wait to see what happens Thursday when they get in track together.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 10:23 pm

Well......that sucked
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 11:02 pm

No kidding. I screwed the pooch on that one.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016, 11:29 pm

Team owner/Mr. Cotrain would be pisses if he knew we totaled both cars.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016, 6:44 am

While running in the top 5 with 20 to go....ehh.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 9:46 pm

Hey jay dee. Was putting my daughter to bed. Just saw you talking to me. I'll catch you later. What's your email so I can send you that paint. Hopefully that will work
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 9:53 pm

No worries man. callahan.jd@gmail.com

How do you want to work the stints? The race is 5am right?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 10:02 pm

I would have to check. Not 100% sure what time They start. Doesn't matter. Best bet would probably one of us run first stint and the other the second then start double stinting after that, that way we hit the required time in car early in case we crash out.

Also, make sure to get comfy running engine map 1 or 2 instead of 3 all the time. Deffinately want to save fuel since these things are 6 hours, even if we lose a second a lap using map 2, we could stretch each stint and not have to take a full load of fuel for the end and also be on fresher tires to make the last stint as fast as possible. That being said, it is a 6hour race and I'm betting as long as we make it to the end we will finish top 10, maybe better.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 10:04 pm

It's 6 hours? I thought it was only 3..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 10:08 pm

Yeah 3 your right. Sorry I was thinking the endurance races they hold once a month. My bad.

Yeah 3 hours but still. That will take 2 full stints and one partial using a fuel saving map. So one of us can start and then we swap after first stint and the other finish the race. Wouldn't make sense to do another for a short Sprint to the end, unless one of us had to get out of the car for something.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm

Doesn't matter to me though man, if you are more comfortable running in a thinner more spread out field I can start and you can finish it or if you want to get us going, I'll do a double at the end, doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 7:01 pm

I'm good either way. I'm happy to take the early shift if that works.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 7:07 pm

That's cool. Based on amount of time you can run on a tank, I'm thinking just over an hour if you use engine map 2. Then hopefully I can run just over another hour and have a short stint in the end to run full power on fresher tires. You want to run the third stint too, or just the first?

Also, I would have to check, but if you have unused buttons on your wheel you could use them to change the engine map during the race and go back and forth if you need extra power to get around someone. I'm thinking that's what I'll do. Maybe even run map 1 and save as much fuel as possible at the beginning of my run then that way we can short fill stint three and really push. Just an idea. Haven't tested lap times on map 1 yet. I know map 2 you only loose about a second a lap so I don't think it's a lot of fuel saving, but better than full power still, especially over a full stint.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm

I'll start with map 2 then. I actually have a button box so I'll figure a button out for it. I might adjust the brake bias ABS too. I'll let you know what I change though.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 7:58 pm

Ok, after running 1 out lap and 4 flying laps on all 3 engine maps, here's what I got. Map 3 and map 2 there isn't much difference in fuel usage and around a 3/4 second drop off in lap times. I used .1 gallons less fuel.

Map 1, however, is the way to go. I lost no extra time, identical laps to map 2, and saved almost a half gallon. Identical lap times and a noticable difference in fuel after only 5 total laps, I think that's the way to go. The car is easier to drive also because of the lack in power but lap time doesn't suffer.

Using map 1, if conditions for the race are similar to default weather, we should be able to squeeze a few more laps out each run. At a track this big that will add up to considerable time. Making the last stint short and giving us the advantage to push out fresher tires harder than the rest.

On the other hand, the race is a 2 stop race for everyone, so should we just go for it and run full power and three equal stints? Full power the car will run right at 1 hour before needing fuel. At least it should.

So, I ask you, push hard and go for it or sit back, be safe, and use strategy? Your call.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

I'm gonna play the sit back and be safe card.....that plays to my strengths. Then I think you can go all out for the last two.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm

Probably the best bet. I will take it easy my first outing then push for the last run. So how many lobbies do you think there are for this series? Not many people are practicing. With everyone sharing cars, I wonder if there will be more than one. Also, which race are we running and which one gets broadcast? It would be sweet to get air time.

Let me know what you figure out on the paint side of things, if nothing else just make the car a solid color with no sponsors for the first race, we can figure it out after this race if it doesn't work. I can subscribe to tp if need be. I have been considering it anyways, just to be able to take less than 2 weeks to do a proper paint for a car. Gimp is horrible.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 8:29 pm

Not sure. I think it'll be a full lobby, but not sure from there. I was gonna do the 5am race cause that's all I really can. That cool?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 8:31 pm

Haven't seen the paint yet but I'll figure it out or set it black.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016, 8:32 pm

All good man, no problem
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 4:53 am

20 min of practice this morning, and I was actually faster on Map 1 than I was on 3. I think the drive-ability is better with less power...at least for me.

The paint loaded for me too. It's badass man, good job.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 6:05 am

Shit man, just got online. Apparently you can't join after the race starts? Woke up to my alarm going off, which it had been for and hour and a half. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 8:21 am

Started 37, finished 17th. Running 14th with 12th in site when I burried it into a tire barrier with 20 minutes to go and had to pit to get it driveable. I'm exhausted...I'm gonna nap.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 8:55 am

It didn't even show you were online. Pretty sure I could have joined from clicking the little wheel beside your name where it shows you online. I hate it man, I was really looking forward to this race. Great job surviving all 3 hours. Guess I'll run it tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 9:48 am

Thanks. I was getting killed in the long straights, especially on map 1. Just not enough power. Map 2 was a little better. I only ran map 3 for a bit cause I kept spinning the tires and going off track. After about 13-16 laps I had understeer on entry and through the middle. Trail braking helped turn through the middle, but had to be careful spinning that tires on exit cause the front tires would really dig in if I hit it right.

I didn't qualify, and started 37th, thinking thr yahoos would take themselves out in the first few laps. I gained 10 spots on lap 1. For the first hour or so I ran 20-25th, just taking it easy and not fighting anyone. I gave up every spot I was challenged for in the first two hours. Watch your mirrors though...people were bombing it in from 6 car lengths back. White Ford was passing me in turn three on the inside and for some reason turned into me and cleaned us both out. Damage was cosmetic and didn't really affect lap times. Putting it into thr tire barrier hurt though. Cars seems to take a beating unless the steering is messed up. There was no driving it then. Pit stops and attrition are really what moved me up. I wasn't that competitive, but just not making mistakes, or at least fewer mistakes was key.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 10:10 am

Can't believe people were that aggressive on an endurance race. Then again, people are dumb. A 3 hour race is really about outlasting the rest and nailing entry and exit of pit road. That's where most of the time is gained and lost in endurance events. I'm thinking about running this race tomorrow morning then also running the 4 hour VLN race at 10am tomorrow. I'm sure I will be exhausted and hate myself for trying it when it's all done. But hey, I'm paying money to play this so I'm gonna play. Really I'm just hoping to survive the VLN race. I haven't done more than 4 consecutive laps without really cramming a wall on the Nurburgring. For some reason though I'm much more consistent in the GT3 cars than I am in the MX-5 around that track.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 10:33 am

Yeah people are stupid. Also, the pit stop took forever, even with no damage. They don't change tires until the fuel is done. Caught me off guard so be advised.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016, 10:39 am

Yeah I love that they even follow pitting protocol.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 8:48 am

Quick question, how they hell do you use the team paint. Mine is still showing up as a solid black car? Do I have to upgrade to pro anyways just to use the team paint?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 9:39 am

I didn't. I manually uploaded the paint in TP under the team paint section....below your standard car paint.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 9:41 am

It's showing it there for the nsa team but isn't putting in on the car in sim. Also shows it for my standard team paint but doesn't work on that either. Its weird.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 9:49 am

I had to reupload it to my personal team paint section and that worked, but the nsa team it shows it should be there. For some reason it doesn't show up, but the car isn't solid white like tp isn't loading it, it's solid black like the car is painted black. Red mirrors and white nose so it's not tp issue.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 1:45 pm

Don't know if this can happen but pretty sure my car just broke. Went to brake for a corner, didn't hit grass, and car just shot left and destroyed it. Head on into wall and now 45 minutes of repairs. Guess it's lunch time.

I started 34th and was up to 13th by lap 12 when, somehow, I managed to kill the car.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 3:06 pm

Whoa that is weird. Never heard of that before.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 3:10 pm

Looking at the replay I don't know what happened. Got on the paint, maybe that was it? Never had the paint at that track be slick before so Idk. Either way I'm f*cked. Got back on track, ran about 8 laps and boom went the.....something. Trans temp was really high and it wouldn't shift out of 4th after it blew but screen in car said low oil pressure like the engine blew. Either way I am parked again. Got about 30 more minutes to replace whatever blew. Then hopefully I can make the last 40 minutes or so of the race with no issues.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 4:55 pm

Dedication right there brother!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016, 5:14 pm

It was a waste of time. Repairs got through and there want enough time to make the minimum lap count. For it to count you have to run half the number of laps as the leader. After 2 45 minute repair rounds, there wasn't enough time to limp around and stay ahead of the leader. That's half the race plus the tow from the blown motor so I dropped out with like 20 minutes left. On the Watkins Glen. I'll work on a setup this week and get it to you hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 7:57 am

Are we racing tomorrow? Iowa was the last track on the schedule but I thought we followed the full schedule of the xfinity series.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 8:10 am

Yeah, we follow the actual series schedule. So I think we are off tomorrow.

By the way...I just got my B road racing license which opened up the Blanpain Sprints and the IMSA sports car series. Turns out I really miss road racing, and I am very excited to be able to race the GT cars without having to do endurance races. How close are you to your B?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016, 8:19 am

Well I decided to try and fast track and get to a 4.0 rating since I was at about a 2.7. Figured after a few weeks of clean races it could be done. Turns out that's harder said than done when people are dicks and race as such. Ran 3 races including that great run yesterday where I ended with 19x, sucked. Anyways, now I'm at I think 2.49 or something. So looks like I'm about 10 weeks from a b liscence. I know I can get back to a 3.0 by the end of the season, 4.0 I think was a little ambitious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next