NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 10:31 am

Yeah I suck at pit stops anyways. I get on pit road fine and off fine, it's the getting stopped in the box that gets me. I tend to skid just a hair too far and back up. That's when I see my pit stall. Sometime I just make a pass straight through because I don't see my flag guy.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 10:35 am

We'll practice it. Maybe I'll set up a practice lobby if we can't find one.
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 10:46 am

I doubt I'll be on tonight. Race is tomorrow. I'll be alright and hey, even if I botch it, it's my first race. Main goal is to finish the race. Finishing on the lead lap would be amazing. Really can't expect too much. This is the first series race I am running and it freakin Daytona. Just want to finish in one piece.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 9:18 am

PiiHB....did you get the league email?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 9:34 am

I did sir. We are a go. I ran another 30 lapper last night trying to get better at pack racing. Made it about 20 laps before getting caught in an incident. Still didn't cause it so that's gotta be a good sign. I may not make it until around 830 into the practice lobby. Honestly I'll probably try to qualify in the back to avoid any early incidents. If we get hooked up tonight I want to try moving up around the 20 to go Mark. That's if we have a caution and can still catch the front group. I watched the cup race last night they ran just about caution free. Only the top 10 really had a shot to win. We'll see how it goes, but like I said, I'll be thrilled if I just finish in one piece. Crashes are hard to avoid here.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 9:38 am

Also 65 laps and only one set of new tires. That's gonna make for an important pit stop and very used up tires either half way or late. Of I can I'm gonna try to come in Around the 40 mark. That'll leave 25 laps for the second set. Hopefully that'll give a better car at the end. That's really stretching the tires though.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 9:42 am

This set up handles like crap after about 15 laps so we could see some single file racing for a while.

The tire rule is new this year, so I'm interested to see how it plays out. Strategy is going to be key for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:40 am

Man of they start to go that quick 1 set of tires will be tough to stretch
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:49 am

I think its managable....but in the A car and truck, you could feel the fall off really quick.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 11:33 am

Guess we will find out tonight. So excited to finally race with a real series and not just a bunch of random people that can't drive. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 11:58 am

Yeah, definitely better racing than the yahoos in public lobbies. I'll try to get a little mini scouting report on tonight so you know who's who, and who to look out for.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 12:23 pm

Good deal. I recognise a lot of the names from other series. I've watched several of them before. Seem pretty clean, very aggressive at times, but clean. That will definitely help though.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm

Ok here is a breakdown of guys to look out for.

Sean Casto - Not sure if he'll run this year, he kind of disappeared last year. He is really fast and he knows it. He'll race you hard no matter what and doesn't give any room. If you are racing him for a spot know that you'll battle and there will be some bumping.

Charlie Ryan - Really fast, everywhere. Again he'll race you hard. He's always been clean racing with me, but don't expect a spot if you are faster...you'll have to earn it.

Chris Cable - He's an admin and a good guy. The running joke "Cable in the wall." He wrecks more than he should, but still finishes strong. Imagine if Stephen Wallace were a likable guy....thats Cable.

Bruce Perry - He's faster than he seems. He's always around late in a race. Clean guy though.

Greg Netherwood, Patrick Hahe, Trevor Williams, Al Smith Jr, and Mike King - All Admins. Greg and Patrick are the co-founders of the league. All good guys and good racers. Some of my favorite guys to race with. Show them respect and you'll get the same.

Brenden Queen - Good kid, drives late models at Langley I think. He's been fast in every race I've seen him.

Shane Ewing - Good guy overall. Pretty clean racer, improved a ton last year and actually won the second half of the season. I missed a lot of the last part of last season, but from the standings he picked up some speed.

Joshua Kotten - Another kid thats pretty fast. He's always been clean around me, but he's usually in front of me so hard to tell.

Gregg Richardson - Sort of a back marker. Seems like a nice guy though, always gives room. He's deaf though. So if he wrecks you, don't waste your breath screaming at him. Smile

That should be a good start. It's Daytona so none of that really means too much. Hopefully its a good race and not a shit show. I expect there will be a pretty full room tonight. Last year we had a full field. See you out there man.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm

Well that sucked. I did not blow up man, I got caught up in the last caution and thought it would end under yellow so I stayed out with a ton of damage. Ended up going green for one lap and got dq'd. Over all I guess 14th isn't terrible.

Sorry for what happened to you. I know you were trying to keep me in line and keep my rear clear. Tires were shit at that point already. Plus it ended up being for nothing since I got destroyed with 5 to go.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:40 pm

Yeah I was watching you after I got knocked out....I couldn't figure out what happened cause the screen went blank. All things considered I'd say you had a pretty good race. Coming from the back to run up front....you were top 5 for a bit I thought. Damn shame the 151 bounced off the wall and took me out. We were primed for an NSA top 10 or top 5 for sure.

That's the worst set up I've ever run at a plate track. The fall off has never been that bad. I couldn't turn at all after 20 laps. I was backing out of the throttle on entry and exit after 12 laps.

Good to have you in the league man....it was nice to see some Nein Shiza bouncing around.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:47 pm

It was a blast. Way more fun and a lot harder than I thought it would be. I couldn't believe how fast I could come through the field. I was trying to get to the outside toward the end but was stuck low. Finally restart high and then catastrophe. Being behind Joshua Kotten I knew was the perfect place to be. As long as he was the one I was pushing I knew I could get second or at least third. Either way it was so much fun, a million times better than forza, sorry everyone. All in all I wish it would have gone better for both of us.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 10:48 pm

Can't believe we were able to get hooked up like that too, we ran several laps after hooking up. Didn't expect to be able to do that. Can't wait until next round at a plate track. I learned a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 8:21 am

I know next week is Atlanta but is there a place to see the new schedule or can I just go by last year's schedule and assume one day earlier for all races?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 8:58 am

Yeah that was cool that we found each other in the draft. Next plate race will be a ton of fun.

I am pretty sure we are following the actual Xfinity series schedule. So Atlanta, Vegas, Phoenix and Auto Club are coming up.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:06 am

Cool. What I figured. Not sure if I am buying Atlanta but I might. That was so fun. If not my next race will be Phoenix. You happen to save the replay? I want to watch it and forgot to save before I left. Plus I gotta get some pictures to post.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:28 am

No, I didn't save the replay. I only save when I win....so I rarely save. Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 1:05 pm

Yeah I only save when I win too. I only have like 100 replays....I kid. Hopefully someone will upload it to YouTube or something.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 6:00 pm

I just bought 7 more tracks. I am spending too much money on this game. We need to get NSA represented in the team points, not that we will win, but I am running most of the schedule now so might as well represent. Any idea how to go about that?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 7:19 pm

Haha...you are in trouble now man. You caved quick!

Umm...not sure. We can hit up Greg Netherwood and let him know we are starting a new team. Maybe we can get a team channel on the TeamSpeak line.

I'm going to miss next week by the way....I'm leaving for the Philippines tomorrow night. I'll be back for Vegas though.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 7:51 pm

I'll hold down Atlanta. Hopefully I can keep up. Its one thing at a plate track. Now the real hard part begins.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm

I haven't run the B car, but the truck gets pretty loose after 12-15 laps. Just ran an open lobby, took 2 tires after a 18 lap run, and it got really loose. Manage your tires.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:16 pm

I ran about 30 laps after downloading in a practice lobby. I spun after about 15 laps and then again around lap 30. Tire falloff is quick. It goes from running pretty quick laps to all of a sudden wanting to drift up coming out of turn 4. That's where I lost it both times. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:22 pm

Turn 4 is a bitch. You want to stay low to get a good run coming off, but it gets really loose down there. Handle is a little better a half to full lane up on exit.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016, 9:25 pm

I noticed that. I wanted to stay high coming off but noticed my speed was better and lap times about a tenth quicker when I came off low. You know, when I don't spin out.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 9:46 am

Here's a view of the big wreck from the eventual second place finisher. That is a lot of smoke.....

Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Rpc11
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac
Car Number : 33
Home Town : WNY/THE LAND OF LAKE EFFECT

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 10:07 am

lol was that me wreaking the field?...you guys running in toras spec miata?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 10:16 am

Wow that was crazy. I'm guessing that's the one that you got caught in. Couldn't really tell. Both wrecks looked pretty similar, you know, smoke, cars flying through the air, mayhem. All pretty standard. Plus I didn't see my car limping down on the apron.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 10:45 am

Yeah I think that was the one I got taken out in. You're right though, its all just smoke and carnage so who knows.

Roscoe, I'd like to run the spec miata but I'm not sure I'll have time. The kiddo keeps me busy, plus I got a bunch of fun parts for the real Miata I need to get sorted (racing seats, turbo, clutch). And track days start soon so I gotta get moving. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 10:50 am

I signed up and had everything ready to go but found out they race Thursdays and the late model series is starting soon on Thursdays. I would have loved to buy just didn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm

Well race 2 of the season is tonight for can-am series. Running 85 laps at Atlanta with one extra set of tires, this should be a wreckfest. I'll try to remember to save the replay and post some pictures this time. Maybe I can hang on like I did at Daytona but not get wrecked in the final stint.

Fyi, during testing in getting about 15 laps in a set of tires before it feels like driving in ice. cheers2 here's to stretching that out to a 40 lap run!
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Mar 2016, 6:02 pm

Remember not to pinch it down off of 4. Let if float out to keep it under you. Represent tonight man! I'll be there next week.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm

Long story short I just blew the motor. More to follow
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Mar 2016, 9:39 pm

On the upside Jay Dee, I outqualified Josh Kotten and started 8th! I wasn't doing too bad.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2016, 12:05 am

Top 10 in your second race....not too shabby. I'm assuming you got caught up in something if you blew up. How far did you make it? Where were you running?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2016, 12:15 am

Well it was 100% my fault. Obviously racing was close and kind of physical, someone wrecked going into turn 1 on lap 1, so that set the tone for the race. At the restart I was outside, 8th again, and got a good start. Kept high for next few laps and once we got single file and tires warmed up I started to get more aggressive and was following pretty close to the car in front of me. You know how turn 3 kind of kinks if you are running right at the wall, just before turn in? Well I was too close to see that kink, and caught the fender on the wall as soon as I turned in. Car got upset and drifted about half way through 3 and 4 got it straight and got back on throttle and it slid again, so I eased out but it was too late. Pointed down toward traffic so I did what I had to to not ruin anyone else's race and drive it into the wall pretty hard. Ended up riding the wall and got clipped by someone running high through 4. Made it to pits and repaired, about a 7 minute stop. Got back on track and ran a few more laps and pop, there she went. Limped back around to the pits and repaired again for 31 minutes. Made it back on the last lap so technically I finished the race. 61 laps or so down but I did finish. Woohoo. From 8th to 36th like a boss.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2016, 12:39 am

Ouch. Props for seeing it through to the end though....dedication right there.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2016, 7:07 am

Yeah it was a good race to watch. Figured I might make it back out for a couple laps if I waited so I just watched the race. Luckily they had a caution with 10 to go and then another with 3 to go so I got to make it back out and run the last lap under yellow.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Rpc11
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac
Car Number : 33
Home Town : WNY/THE LAND OF LAKE EFFECT

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2016, 10:38 am

Intestinal fortitude
\m/
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Mar 2016, 10:16 am

https://2img.net/h/i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b435/traviswallace8601/2016-03-06_00001_zps6iu8xuhe.jpg

Link to the images from the race this past tuesday. Sorry that took so long, its been a long week at work. Anyways, descriptions are under the images. Use the left arrow on the images to go forward, right arrows will take you from the end of the race to the beginning. Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptySun 06 Mar 2016, 9:26 pm

Also, snowman, the schedule is up for the approval series for upstate racing league has been announced. I have started working on setups, I have a few but only one that is race ready I think. Oxford is First and I have a qualifying setup, very fast and loose, and a race setup, much more stable but does get loose on long runs. Since the track is very small and basically a circle it is set up much like a dirt late model. When we have a chance I can send it to you through iracing in a lobby.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm

Yeah man sounds good.

I'm not gonna make the race tonight though. I have been sick as a dog for two days. Give 'em hell, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyTue 08 Mar 2016, 6:06 pm

Yeah I'm not running either. Don't have Vegas. Coming back next week for Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 Mar 2016, 6:41 am

What's the name of the series you guys are racing in? Is there a series home page?
Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptyWed 09 Mar 2016, 6:58 am

http://canamracingseries.com
That's the current one with the xfinity cars.

www.upstateracingleague.com/home.html
That's the one we are sponsoring starting in September.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2016, 11:50 am

So after a little tire test for phoenix, I am looking at about a 29.100 average lap time on fresh tires and after 10 laps a half second fall off. Then after another 10 laps, another half second fall off. Looks like tire conservation will be the way to go here. You done any testing yet snowman?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next