NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 11:52 am

I used to live a few miles up the road from it. Lots of legends races at that place. Seemed like every time I drove by that's what was on the sign. But I'm sure since its one of my better tracks it must be easy to go fast there so I'm sure I'll be in the bottom half most of the race again. Especially considering the official series are open setup, I'm sure the car will be extremely tifgt, like always with the fixed setup.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 1:09 pm

Yeah it probably will be pretty tight. You'd be surprised at how many people hate that place though. When CanAm used to run the LM's I remember some of the faster guys struggling there. It takes patience and a lot of those guys just don't have the patience.
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 1:13 pm

Well let's hope for that then because it's one of my favorites. Its like a tiny Pocono. All 3 corners are different and you can carry some good speed if you keep a good line. I know my setup I use there is all about staying in the throttle and using the really aggressive offset to keep you going left. Without it I'm sure it'll be a lot slower but maybe my love for the track will make up for me being a noob.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 4:16 pm

https://youtu.be/43nB_GeoHsw

I found a familiar paint job in the second clip. See if you can spot it. Nein Shiza is really taking over. We are in random clips now. Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 12 May 2016, 9:55 pm

Recap on the great night you missed. I got into practice late so we will skip that. Didn't qualify because I didn't know how I would run so I started in the back. Worked my way up a few spots. Little incident on lap 22 put me up to like 12th? Then a couple people pit I restart 6th. Hold that spot on the outside and get to the bottom. Get 5th then a couple laps later fall back to 6th. Ran outside battling for 6th then finally held 6th on the outside again. As soon as I got clear I came back to a normal line and going into turn three or five or whatever you want to call it someone tried to dive below me and hooked me around. Ended up getting a good bit of damage, not just cosmetic so I had to pit. Ended up 1 lap down and that's where I would finish. 1 lap down in 9th. Had we had one more caution I could have finished top 5. No doubt in my mind. The car was great and I was moving up all night long until that extended battle and spin. Can't believe I was holding my own with those guys, they are so damn fast and consistent. Really wish you were there. If I ran that good I know you could have run for the lead.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 May 2016, 5:52 am

That's awesome man, sorry you got wrecked though.  You are getting faster every week.  You'll be running up front consistently by the end of the season, I'm sure of it.  Just takes a little time to get comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 May 2016, 10:56 am

2 things real quick, first check out the new upstate website. They redid it. Its deffinately more lively but I don't know how I feel about it. Second the schedule says 130 miles for Charlotte which would be about 87 laps. That's roughly 44 on a set of tires. I don't know if you've done any laps there yet but after about 30 laps the tires are gone. You can stretch it to 40 laps but it's tough. The car just doesn't want to corner at that point. Any idea if the tire rule will be changed for that race?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 May 2016, 8:24 pm

Yeah interesting...not sure how I feel about it.

I have not run any at Charlotte and I haven't heard anything about the rule. I highly doubt we get 40+ green flag laps, but that still sounds bad.

I don't think I'm doing Dover tonight either. I can't run more than 2 laps without hitting something. The set up is really sloppy loose.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 May 2016, 8:34 pm

Yeah I don't have the track so I'm out too. See you at Charlotte then. And from watching the couple of cup races there this week it looked pretty slick. Lots of loose cars even with the pros at the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 11:07 am

I don't know if you have run here before or not but I finally got a few minutes last night to put in some laps. I missed the official practice so I don't know what the top guys are running but I am turning high 22's. Also I had no idea what lucas oil raceway was until I began my practice session. I the realised this is the old IRP track. I haven't run this track on a game in about 15 years. I used to love this track and had no idea they changed the name of it. I guess that's why I thought they closed it a long time ago. I'm pretty excited to race there tonight. Also there is no setup in the game so I had to build my own for my practice run. I'm assuming there will be a shared setup tonight when we enter the lobby?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 11:22 am

Yeah, I've run here, not a huge fan. High line was always the faster line and passing is tough. I hate that cause I'm not usually fast here...haha. I'm sure they'll create a setup for everyone. Hopefully it's a little loose.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 11:29 am

Yeah hopefully. The banking increases as you go up the track. I found my best times last night were mid track. Should be a fun race. This track is so fast compared to everywhere we've been so far. Almost 100mph through the corners, tires may actually play a part here.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 11:38 am

I hope so. I'm slow so saving tires works in my favor usually.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 8:46 pm

Wherever this setup came from, it sucks. Way too soft and bouncy. This is a fast track and it's set up for Martinsville or Oxford. I can't get below a 23.1 and last night I was turning consistent 22.7s. This is going to suck balls
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 8:52 pm

Yeah not my favorite.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 8:54 pm

Drive in a little deeper, roll the corner a little longer, and pick up the gas at the red Lucas Oil Speedway sign. Not full throttle....but ease into it. Try to avoid having to pedal it on exit.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 9:00 pm

Yeah I think it's the setup man. I'm much more consistent with the one I built in 20 minutes. The car just bounces and gives the tires no grip. This is garbage. Not to bad mouth whoever spent time making it but damn, I went half a second faster on a 20 minute build, from scratch...it's not that hard to get a car to be stable. I'm just gonna cruise at the back and put in laps.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 9:55 pm

7th and 8th isn't bad out of 22 cars
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Nah, not bad. What a shit show though. I've haven't caused 2 wrecks in a long, long time. On the first one, Bruce just turned in earlier than I expected and I already had a nose. On the second one I was back in the gas and the guy checked up and I didn't have time to react. Sucks. I think I could have gotten a podium or a top 5.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 May 2016, 10:04 pm

No doubt man. You were running very strong. That first caution was some bull shit. Everyone in the back checked up fine then before the field came through all the apun cars decide to just take off. Got hit three times from people just trying to get back going. Car pulled hard left after that the whole race, even after damage was repaired. Must have been something the game doesn't fix. Right at the end there I went with 2 tires thinking track possition was gonna be the way to go. Forgot the car pulling was from damage to the left front. Car was still rubbish. Can't complain with 7th though. Going in I was shooting for 15th at best. Really didn't expect to make top 10.

You should have done so much better though. Just couldn't get that lucky dog. It'll completely turn the race One way or the other depending on if you are the recipient or not.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 May 2016, 6:19 pm

With their website down and they don't really update Facebook so I am lost. Are we racing tonight or is Charlotte next week?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 May 2016, 7:32 pm

Next week. They send out an alert through iRacing forum on race day.

I love this setup though. Tires fall off, but I like the way it drives.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 May 2016, 7:37 pm

Agreed, the setup is great. Very stable, not loose or tight. Should have some long green flags. In guessing one caution early that will take out a couple drivers who can't hold a good line. After that it should be all green. Until tires go that is, it's hard to keep it out of the wall after about 30 laps, the car just doesn't exit well at that point.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 8:33 pm

Bristol tonight late models? No tire fall off. Decent set up too.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 8:35 pm

Haha I just woke up from a nap. Gonna try to get some food and see if I can make it. Not feeling great.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 9:51 pm

Well that was some bull. 2Nd week in a row I was taken out. This time I had a top three car. Hadn't been out of top 5 since the drop of the green flag. Since lap 50 I had been door to door with second several times. So frustrated right now.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 9:51 pm

Ooh sixth, nice
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Yeah man, you were fast. I saw you battling 1st and 2nd. You had a podium for sure. Too bad Al got loose under you. That really sucks. Knowing Al, he truly feels really bad. I know that doesn't help the grid order, but for what its worth.

I lucked into 6th. Might have been at least able to keep up with the top guys if not for that wreck, but I certainly wouldn't have been able to pass you guys.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 May 2016, 10:02 pm

I think that's the most fun I've had yet. I was really hoping for a podium just to say I did it. It'll be a miracle of I can run like that again with these guys. Good job pulling out 6th after starting dead last though man.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 6:02 pm

I put in some laps earlier and all the practicing I did last week was at night. Race is late afternoon. Decided to see how that worked on the tires and if we run default weather the track will start at 88 degrees. Very little grip. I'm sure it'll get better as the rubber lays down but tire wear is going to be a huge factor. Not much grip high on a fresh track but that may be the desired line once we get going. It'll conserve the tires if you don't drive in too hard.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 6:02 pm

Oh and I'm running a deifferent paint tonight. You will recognise it.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 8:08 pm

Nice! I wanted to do one up for memorial day, but I had no time.

Good call on running day practice. All my practice was at night. We'll see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 8:12 pm

Yeah I didn't have time either. I wanted an American flag car but that would take a while. So I grabbed one off of traiding paints.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 8:51 pm

I like your choice, but I'm a little bias. It looks better on track than the picture I put up. I might grab a screenshot of you tonight and update the pic on trading paints.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 8:52 pm

Try to do it before I crash
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 10:09 pm

That guy was racing hard and dirty every time I got near him. That would have been 2 top 10s for nsa. Sucks man. Great race though.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 10:14 pm

Yeah, that kind of sucked. Should've had at least 7th. I had to check way up out of 2 to not wreck the 24 or 81 (can't remember), and that guy got a huge run. I was just staying tight to him to keep him down and he pushed up and checked up right as he cleared me. I tapped him and moved up but he kept coming. I get it, neither of us were going to let out of the gas at that point, just sucks.

Great run for you though man, 6th place is badass!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 10:21 pm

I had an amazing race. You did too. We kept swapping spots. Before pit stops I had fallen all the way back to 16th. Managed to come out of pits 8th! Big gain there, then managed top 5 and someone thought they were clear and I managed to save it from spinning after they clipped my nose. Still came back to fight top 5 all night. I was doing my damnedest to run you down man. I wanted us to finish close. Good picture to share it would have been (yoda voice). That same guy kept blocking me every time I would get a run. I kept having to check up cause he would come up or down on me. I wanted so bad to just spin him. Glad he finally got it though. Good job.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 10:36 pm

Haha yeah, he got it alright. I don't think he finished. Smile

It was an awesome race. I had driven all the way up to 3rd after the first caution, but I ran my tires off getting there and fell back to 13th by pit stops. I had to fix 12 seconds of damage and still gained 2 spots coming off pit road. I don't know what happened to people on those pit stops, but the top 10 must have had damage or drove through their pit box bad.

Brendan was so freaking fast man. I saw him in my mirror about a quarter straightaway back at the line, and by the middle of 1/2 he was past my nose. It scared the crap out of me...I never saw him catch me.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 10:54 pm

Yeah that guy makes me sick. That was some close racing. So intense. Just glad I'm finally getting good enough to run with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyMon 06 Jun 2016, 12:32 am

So it's the end of week 12. I haven't heard when but please tell me dirt arrives next season. That would make the rest of this year amazing. Dirt next season then I know we get le mans in the final season this year. Fingers are crossed.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

I'm not holding my breath, but that would be awesome. If so, you better believe that Can-Am will have a dirt series within the month. Greg used to race on dirt and will be chomping at the bit.

Honestly, I'm just glad we have the race tonight and Thursday this week. I hate, HATE, week 13.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm

Yeah they finally finished the new build and got it running. About to do my first laps now. Can't wait to see the new debris model. Should make it pretty interesting if a lot of people run off track. No dirt yet though. Guess that'll be next year sometime.

Ok so nevermind. Just let me download the updates but the site is still down. Week 13 sucks bbaaawwlllllsssss!
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm

I guess I was able to sneak in during a brief "site up" window. Update is soooo sloooow.

Debris model you say? I'll have to read the release notes.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 4:44 pm

Tracking dirt, a lot of it, back on track. Cars on track will now pick up dirt and rocks from other cars coming back on track. Suppose to reduce grip and what not. Watched inside SIM racing trying it out and it's enough just from one car driving through a gravel trap and coming back in that you can see it on the surface. Plus a lot more dust behind them after coming back on.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 7:06 pm

Well I just bought Pocono. Hope I like the track. Never run there on any game so.....yeah
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm

I haven't run the new build, but last week the setup was really loose out of three when you get back to the throttle. It was really easy to use up the rear tires. The fast guys are shifting in 1 and/or 3. I haven't really messed with that...I was having enough trouble keeping it under me in 4th gear.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 7:16 pm

Well I turned about 5 laps and decided to try to do a lot road entry in case we green flag pit. Very slippery entering pit road. Head on into inside wall is no good. As far as the track itself. Turn one is loose on cold tires leaving pits but the car feels very stable all the way around the track. I didn't have to lift at all leaving three. Using 3rd in turn one though.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm

Not sure about the xfinity cars but I know a few cars got new tire "compounds". The V8 Supercars got much stickier tires and I think one or two other cars got some updates too, just not as big a difference as the Aussies. Along with white a bit of sound updates that they've been needing like brakes and bottoming out the car, haven't tested those yet though.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2016, 8:55 pm

It feels pretty good. A little tight on entry if you don't rotate just right.

I haven't been shifting though, don't know about you. I haven't heard anyone shifting either, but its hard to tell...I haven't been racing around anyone really though. I've only tried to watch through the cockpit view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next