NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race 5, Old Le Mans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The LSA

Jake
Car Number : 64
Home Town : Little Rock, AR

Race 5, Old Le Mans Empty
PostSubject: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013, 7:29 pm

We'll take a break this week because people will be traveling, drunk, away from their 360, etc.  HOWEVER!  I will be diligently at work getting the cars as balanced as possible for our foray into France!  I will be using records from car and driver performance to work out lap time differences, and try to balance top speed and acceleration as much as possible between the cars.  This will be a complete rework of the car balance from the previous races.
Back to top Go down
LeadFoot506

Race 5, Old Le Mans Leadfo12
LeadFoot506

Costa Rica
Car Number : 51
Home Town : Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

don't put me on large restrictor pkeaaase!

Also was talking to oddball the other day.. what a surprise if a GT car turns out to be the overall champion!
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 12:08 am

I wouldn't worry about the restrictor part, Leadfoot.  I may mandate gearing or downforce, like the ACO does.  The goal is to have close racing (lots of drafting) on the Mulsanne Straight, then have everyone on equal footing on the back half.  Your car will probably get -5% power, maybe none, maybe -15%.  I'll have to do some in-depth testing to see.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 9:45 am

Race 5, Old Le Mans S1_110
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 10:21 am

LeadFoot506 wrote:
Also was talking to oddball the other day.. what a surprise if a GT car turns out to be the overall champion!

I was talking with Leadfoot tha other day too.

Scoreboard for Overall standings should be taken by overall finish, not by independent class points. GT cars have had diferent results than SGT cars.

That gave PPEVIL and Leadfoot a complicated race at Nur, and is showing a not accurate overall result. And No way a crapy Mc Laren is better than the SGT Jaguars!

Just Saying!

Changing topic, I hope this race I can connect to the lobby and Rodney too, to fill up the SGT grid. Rodney´s DBR was running great at practice.

See u at Lemas!

Race 5, Old Le Mans Jaguar11

(hope the overall champion dont pass me at Mulsanne jerkoff )
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

Race 5, Old Le Mans Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 11:00 am

I see what you're saying Manuel, SGT has a huge advantage because lack of entries, higher finishing positions, higher point total.  

The overall standings table is just a reference, I originally had every car scored in the position finished (combined class), the series director wanted it scored individually, thus, the overall board is not as accurate.

For accurate scoring, the Class Standings Table is the deciding factor.

Please send you queries to DSC Series Director

Thank you for your cooperation.   grin
Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 11:13 am

Maxximilllion wrote:
Please send you queries to DSC Series Director

Ok, I will stone 

thankyouround 
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

There are too many inconsistencies between the classes to place the drivers together at the end of the season.  If all the drivers were of the same caliber, there were the same number of drivers and distribution of car types between the classes, etc., then I could score the drivers against each other for overall position.  The way that I have it done is the way the DSC and GT Open do it in real life, where the classes intermingle at the start but compete separately.  Sometimes a GT car is faster than a SGT car.
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 12:34 pm

Manuel CR wrote:

thankyouround 

Race 5, Old Le Mans Yourwe11
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013, 1:22 pm

I understand that sometimes and depending of a specific Track a GT car can be faster that a SGT, or a SGT can have engine problems, roll over,  and in our case can have a lagg out. In that case a GT can score more than a SGT.

But if we put 2 classes on the track they have to battle face to face an overall championship.  Each class have their own championship, but overall have to be determined by an overall point finish.

I dont see how a GT1 corvette can winn Le mans!

If you want to win a class you choose a good car, but if u want to win an Overrall championship, you have to sign up in the highest class or give a surprise and win it with a lower class car but scoring more overall points.
That can be possible, for example, Leadfoot has more real overall point than me, as i have missed a couple of races, and more than Dawg who have left some races.  But no way he is over PPEVIL´s Jaguar.

I´m defending my teammate overrall champioship and my Team.  By the way, im having fun with this!!!
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Race 5, Old Le Mans Oddbal10
Oddball7000

UK
Car Number : 70
Home Town : Englandland

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013, 11:12 am

i'm not as confident at Le Mans, hope i can hold on to my position!

Race 5, Old Le Mans AnY7nDL_460sa
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 3:46 am

Waaaaait a second--there is not overall points championship.  That scoring is just there to provide a quick and easy means of finding out the grid order for the 1-race events (or, at least, that's what I intended it to be).  There are just two championships, one for each class.
Back to top Go down
LeadFoot506

LeadFoot506

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 8:10 am

oook so that means that I don't have to worry about finishing first overall! but I will give it a try to see if I can make it!
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Race 5, Old Le Mans Rpc11
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac
Car Number : 33
Home Town : WNY/THE LAND OF LAKE EFFECT

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013, 2:03 pm

I can't find new pi's
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 3:08 am

New post coming in about an hour, after I put all the data into one post, on Car Specs.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 10:41 am

Ohhh NO, last minute changes and transmision specific set up. I dont feel like into it.

If a choose a car is because I want to make it win, even over faster cars. Schedule was given since day 1 so if someone choses a car is maybe focused on winning a specific race or get the most points possible on others tracks knowing he can win some others. Why to restrict the capability of some cars?
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

Manuel CR wrote:
Ohhh NO, last minute changes and transmision specific set up.  I dont feel like into it.

If a choose a car is because I want to make it win, even over faster cars.  Schedule was given since day 1 so if someone choses a car is maybe focused on winning a specific race or get the most points possible on others tracks knowing he can win some others.  Why to restrict the capability of some cars? 
 plus1 

These changes are baffling, apparently there's been people bending the steward's ear.

There will be an inquiry.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm

Tugging and yanking, don't know about bending.  With the gearing, I'm trying to keep cars that can just fly away from the pack from doing so.  They're still fast here, just not Squid-in-a-F40C-fast. (Sorry, Squid.)  I've only talked to one person about the race (or series, for that matter) in the last 2 weeks, and that didn't affect the outcome of his car.  If people aren't happy, I'll take away the gearing restriction.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

If restrictins were intended...they sure as hell can't be implamented day of the race
Back to top Go down
LeadFoot506

LeadFoot506

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 2:04 pm

the mclaren is not so bad just that if I need to draft on someone else, I'm really screwed
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang
Car Number : 90
Home Town : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

Kind of hard to keep a competetive field with a group of diverse cars, especially on a track like Le Mans....

If you have ran a series before, using Forza's limited means to balance cars, you would understand making changes from time to time. Throw in drivers with different capabilities, and you have one hell of an imbalanced field.

From my experience, the top drivers adapt better than everyone else and usually end up on the top anyways. Anyone ever race with Mopar? That guy can take grip reduction, power reduction, build changes, and still be all over your ass chasing the leader....
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 2:44 pm

Balance is fine but there have been 3week. To give new builds last minute is not copasetic
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 3:28 pm

LSA have done an awesome job balancing cars in the series. Nowhere else you can find such a competitive series like this with all the diversity of cars of the field.
 el_mejor 

I´m totally agree with P.I adjustment, remove or add parts, add wight, get into buckets or anything else, but force tune or gearing (in this case particular) didnt sound atractive to me. I´m reved up since 1st chicane at mulsenne. That is going to give me a boring race.
 basta 

I have the car ready right now as LSA said, but just want to express my opinion. Mulssane is going always to be win by the fastest car.
Remember when ACO had to add chicanes, that was because of that.
 adios 

Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 3:32 pm

..ok, I'll spill.  The week of the 16th, I was readying a paper that I had been working on all semester for publication/conference.  That Thursday, my mom had a heart attack.  She was in the hospital for 8 days, during all of which I had to play dad to my 5 younger siblings.  On Christmas Eve, my girlfriend's mom tried to kill herself, leaving us with her two children for the time being.  Then both of my cars broke down on the same day.  My mom got out of the hospital two days ago.  Thus, the results of my testing went up yesterday.  I'm sorry that I didn't get the changes up sooner, but I didn't want to give excuses as to why.  I feel that these should suffice.

Edit:  Thanks, Manuel.  That's a big confidence boost.  Try a little more downforce to keep yourself a little below your rev limiter.
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 3:41 pm

Sorry for the rough patch brother, please don't take anything that's discussed here, personally, and by all means, if you need some help, don't hesitate to ask someone.

Hope everything is getting back on track at home, that comes first.

Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 3:59 pm

I understand.  And thankfully most of this crock of calamity is under control--but I will still remove gearing restrictions if people are genuinely unhappy with them.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 4:00 pm

I agree with max.... i unfortunately will miss tonight as i have to get this job done

Guys this is a family of friends if you need any help were at are hear to listing/vent
But we can not help if noone knows
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 4:24 pm

i have no idea if i'm going to make it tonight, the likelihood is that neither of my controllers will have battery or my xbox will freeze, not going to turn it on until closer to the time.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 4:39 pm

...should we delay this until next Monday/Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 4:42 pm

for me that won't make any difference due to the steady decline of my xbox, i have new charger cables ordered but no t a clue when they'll get here.

I say you guys just go for it and finish 2013 with a finale!
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 5:44 pm

Hope everything works out for the best LSA, tough times for many of us right now.....

As for the race, I don't care, race today or not, don't matter.
Back to top Go down
Moesavy

Race 5, Old Le Mans Moe10
Moesavy

USA
Car Number : 20
Home Town : Georgia, Usa

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 30 Dec 2013, 7:17 pm

I won't make it tonight. Working late tonight. Go jag.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 10:06 am

5 SGT and 3 GT cars arrived last night, we ran a practice. Race is delayed.
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 11:37 am

i'm gonna do my best to get things sorted this week but it just seems to be one after another.
United Autosports!
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm

I was pretty pleased with the outcome myself.  One question though:  how big was the spread between cars at the end of the last lap?  My 360 did something weird and I couldn't save the replay.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 1:11 pm

at SGT, we had some incidents on the race.  The Viper driver was having problems with the tune.  But we were kind of close.

GT times speaks by themselves.

Race 5, Old Le Mans 15435411
Back to top Go down
LeadFoot506

LeadFoot506

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm

so.... when are we going to race this one?
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

Because we've had issue after issue, what I may do is say that everyone who participates/participated in the 12/30 race, 1/6 race, and one that (if there is space) I can hold next week will get something like 10 points, because neither race had an adequately-sized lobby.
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014, 8:28 pm

I was online for the 1/6, didn't even know a race was attempted? Seemed like nobody was online to race it....
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 2:27 pm

Exactly.  I couldn't be there, was told that nobody tried.  So, if Monday this week is taken up, I'll see about another day and try to host the race then.  But still no guarantees I guess.  The Forza Latino championship has started on Mondays, so there goes a big constituent of the field on that day.
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 3:40 pm

to be honest i don't feel right about racing when the other guys are busy with the latino stuff, we could try and find another day than a monday for the finale. and if we can get say 80%+ of drivers from the series then run it then. or go a bit earlier in the evening and do a shorter race so they'll be done in time for their thing.
Back to top Go down
Moesavy

Race 5, Old Le Mans Moe10
Moesavy

USA
Car Number : 20
Home Town : Georgia, Usa

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 4:23 pm

Try Tuesday Night I'll be there
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

Yea I really want to see this race get done... Lot of work went into balancing them for the race then with the practice, it would just be nice to see the series off right rather then go unfinished.
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

tuesday is good for me
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm

We will run the DSC final race @ La Mans on Tuesday 8:00 pm EST.

As Squid mentioned, a lot of work went into this series,  lets see it through.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we'll see you Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 8:19 pm

oddball7000 wrote:
tuesday is good for me

plus1 
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 11:36 pm

Tuesday it is, then.  Good luck, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySun 12 Jan 2014, 6:41 am

No you good luck LSA... Me and Roscoe gonna wreck the shit out of you if you show up so do it, I dare you....
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptySun 12 Jan 2014, 6:41 am

The LSA wrote:
Exactly.  I couldn't be there, was told that nobody tried.  So, if Monday this week is taken up, I'll see about another day and try to host the race then.  But still no guarantees I guess.  The Forza Latino championship has started on Mondays, so there goes a big constituent of the field on that day.
You did not contact anyone LSA it is your series ....smh. nobody tried....wtfe
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 1:38 am

Out of town. No internet, no cell service.  I. TOLD. YOU. THIS.

--Edit:  Sorry, Roscoe.  That was rude.  I've been back for a few days, but still have a busy schedule, with my mom's recovery and my girlfriend's siblings' needing a place to stay.  Yes, I should have gotten with someone on when to set up the race/how to do points/etc.  Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 5, Old Le Mans   Race 5, Old Le Mans Empty

Back to top Go down

Race 5, Old Le Mans

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next