NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Group testing event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Group testing event - Page 2 Rpc11
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac
Car Number : 33
Home Town : WNY/THE LAND OF LAKE EFFECT

Group testing event - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 4:26 pm

The GTS cars are very close
How ever The GT are too far off in my opinion

Last edited by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Group testing event - Page 2 Oddbal10
Oddball7000

UK
Car Number : 70
Home Town : Englandland

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 4:37 pm

this statement confuses me
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang
Car Number : 90
Home Town : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 6:19 pm

I agree the GTS cars are closer, and I will tighten that gap up even more.

As for the GT cars, from the times it seems they are split into two groups. I'm not saying that I won't adjust it, but knowing the builds and the options I have with them, I not worried about getting them where they need to be.

I'm already working on it, but keep in mind too, we ran on one track. If I make too drastic of changes, it could have much greater effects on different tracks.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 7:54 pm

im just saying I have all the cars within a sec...at multiple tracks
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 2:23 am

All 18 of them? With any driver?

You may even all the cars out for a few drivers, but there is no way I could run the times in my Boss 302 that Hired could in his Boss 302. Thats a factor that can't be changed until everyone starts racing.

In my opinion, the GT cars are not so far off that it can't be leveled out. I've got a fast time of 1:55.XXX and a slower time of 1:59.XXX and most that range between 1:57-1:59

Hell we could take the 5 guys that ran in the 1:55's and make them run the cars that the slowest 5 guys of the race ran, do you think the times of those cars would improve? I'm sure they would.....
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 6:30 am

StalkerStang wrote:
All 18 of them? With any driver?

You may even all the cars out for a few drivers, but there is no way I could run the times in my Boss 302 that Hired could in his Boss 302. Thats a factor that can't be changed until everyone starts racing.

In my opinion, the GT cars are not so far off that it can't be leveled out. I've got a fast time of 1:55.XXX and a slower time of 1:59.XXX and most that range between 1:57-1:59

Hell we could take the 5 guys that ran in the 1:55's and make them run the cars that the slowest 5 guys of the race ran, do you think the times of those cars would improve? I'm sure they would.....
I am in any car 1sec slower then moe Matt, fender,... I am faster then calamari we are both .5sec behind hired
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 9:53 am

Well, what is the diference betwen the GT Cadillac and the Mc laren or the Ford or the lambo?

If it is handling, i checked my build and some tire widht can be removed.

Roscoe, Work on that Huge number of cars is not easy, the testing is boring and requiers of many people.
If stalker needs some help, can send me a message!
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

Group testing event - Page 2 Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

Once we get the big girl dialed in, she will be very competitive, I'm not worried about the Caddy.

Stalker did a great job balancing these cars, per PWC specs and with the F4 limitations. I have full confidence in his decisions to balance the field even more, once the season starts. Just like the real series, specs are constantly changing to bring the field closer together and it will be here also.

Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
Moesavy

Group testing event - Page 2 Moe10
Moesavy

USA
Car Number : 20
Home Town : Georgia, Usa

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

I've got a tune for the caddy I think would work nicely for u guys I'll send it over tonight
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 11:35 am

I have confidence in him too but me and warspite ran 50 cars with same parameter's
Ie 680pi no better then 6 . 5 handling
And bingo all car's were within a second
As we started with pwc in mind yes all 15cars... Granted they are not pwc spec this game is not catered to pwc so the happy medium would be closer times rather then having half the field 30pi over or a handling bucket...
As in life... K . I. S. S.
KEEP. IT. SIMPLE. STUPID Smile
Back to top Go down
hiredgun308

Group testing event - Page 2 Hired10
hiredgun308

Ford
Car Number : 22
Home Town : USA

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

Roscoe relax the car are close it will get worked out. For the test I was surprised they were that close already. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 12:00 pm

I'm good bruh lol
Just doing what I do... Ask questions
Give results of my findings
I'm not trying to be an ahole... Its just how it comes out
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

I prefer the feedback over not hearing anything at all. I would add too that prior to this test race, Squid and I did the majority of the testing getting these cars dialed in. This was the first time these cars were ran all together with a large group

I hear what your saying though. From my experience with this, you can't rely on Forza's PI system, nor their speed & handling ratings. Most the AWD cars have a huge PI advantage over similar built rear wheel drive cars and some cars that are faster on paper get their asses kicked by other cars that are lower rated.

That 370Z is a great example, its one of the lowest built PI and rated cars of the GTS group but its toward the top of the group in actual performance.
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2014, 10:23 am

Keep in mind guys that GTS is in season 2 form so the class has 12+ months of refinement on GT. Give it some time. The whole point of the Catalunya race was to get a good guess on where everything is at. Some are better drivers than others. Also some drivers got mired in the field and didnt run as fast as they could. That was a bit more of a speed track so keep in mind that some cars will be slower there but will have the upper hand at Laguna and Infineon.

Another thing to keep in mind is a system like the 680pi may work well within the Forza pi format but we will be working under the PWC appendix rules as closely as we can and will refine builds from there. Some cars will need help or be pulled back.

Most importantly what we saw at Catalunya will not be what we see at race one. Fast guys will always be fast but the goal is to allow everyone a chance to be competitive. Work is already being done to get things further dialed in. Like Stalker said, feel free to give suggestions but understand that some may not be used or are feasible. Could be worse, you could have Pred running this  Razz 
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

Group testing event - Page 2 Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2014, 10:51 am

Spot on Squid!

Keeping this series as close to PWC specs as possible is VERY KEY! (I will explain at a later date). When you have such a diverse field, there will be horses for courses, the Cadillac was not very good at Cataluyna, but I can't wait for Sebring or Indy GP. I'm very confident that by the time we drop the green flag on the season, the cars will be even closer than they are now.

Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

Roger that \m/
So pumped!!!
Great racing last night wish you were there squid
Back to top Go down
hiredgun308

Group testing event - Page 2 Hired10
hiredgun308

Ford
Car Number : 22
Home Town : USA

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2014, 12:35 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:
Keep in mind guys that GTS is in season 2 form so the class has 12+ months of refinement on GT.  Give it some time.  The whole point of the Catalunya race was to get a good guess on where everything is at.  Some are better drivers than others.  Also some drivers got mired in the field and didnt run as fast as they could.  That was a bit more of a speed track so keep in mind that some cars will be slower there but will have the upper hand at Laguna and Infineon.  

Another thing to keep in mind is a system like the 680pi may work well within the Forza pi format but we will be working under the PWC appendix rules as closely as we can and will refine builds from there.  Some cars will need help or be pulled back.  

Most importantly what we saw at Catalunya will not be what we see at race one.  Fast guys will always be fast but the goal is to allow everyone a chance to be competitive.  Work is already being done to get things further dialed in.  Like Stalker said, feel free to give suggestions but understand that some may not be used or are feasible.  Could be worse, you could have Pred running this  Razz 

+1

Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014, 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
The Bulin Wall5

The Bulin Wall5

Group testing event - Page 2 Flagbl10

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 11:35 pm

The cars are balanced fairly well, but one car shines above all the others in GT...
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:14 am

Driver dependant, a few do.
Back to top Go down
The Bulin Wall5

The Bulin Wall5

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:16 am

No, I mean one just spanks the others on almost every track. I'm surprised no one has noticed.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

USA
Car Number : 73
Home Town : Daytona Beach, FL

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:22 am

The Bulin Wall5 wrote:
No, I mean one just spanks the others on almost every track. I'm surprised no one has noticed.

Are you applying the buckets as you test? I thought I found a magic bullet, then realized i was in the wrong bucket.
Back to top Go down
http://virtualvintage.forumotion.com/
The Bulin Wall5

The Bulin Wall5

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:29 am

Yes I'm in the right bucket... It's not like the car is 3 seconds faster... Just the car is already good as Turn 10 put it in the game, and it still has a pretty good PI. It's noticeably faster than most of the cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group testing event   Group testing event - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Group testing event

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2