NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race lobby Size, Please Vote

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Cap Sign-up at 16 or split lobbys
Cap Sign-up.
Race lobby Size, Please Vote I_vote_lcap100%Race lobby Size, Please Vote I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
Split Into Two Lobbys.
Race lobby Size, Please Vote I_vote_lcap0%Race lobby Size, Please Vote I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Oddball7000

Race lobby Size, Please Vote Oddbal10
Oddball7000

UK
Car Number : 70
Home Town : Englandland

Race lobby Size, Please Vote Empty
PostSubject: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm not sure what to do about limiting sign up numbers, i will either limit it to one lobby for this season, or allow more sign-ups and if we get over 16 racers show up split into two lobbys.
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

Race lobby Size, Please Vote Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

Cap it!
Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

USA
Car Number : 3
Home Town : East Harftord, CT

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

Go for 24 and split into lobbies of 12. but if its one or two guys then.... ouch.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

USA
Car Number : 73
Home Town : Daytona Beach, FL

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 3:51 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Go for 24 and split into lobbies of 12. but if its one or two guys then.... ouch.
I agree with this. Once you split lobbies, you run into having to record race times to establish finishing order, etc. Doing that with Pred's series led to an additional hour or 2 after the races completed for the race hosts just sorting out the details. Huge PITA.
Back to top Go down
http://virtualvintage.forumotion.com/
Dr PiiHB

Race lobby Size, Please Vote Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 4:09 pm

Depends on cautions really. If no cautions then go big. If you do cautions limit the size.
Or run two lobbies and have cautions and have it where you can't advance past top of your lobby.
You have a few options.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 4:54 pm

I say let anyone who wants to sign up....but only the 16 fastest times make the race.  Just like a real race, if you are too slow, you go home!!  

Is that too harsh?
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 5:07 pm

it's not too harsh but then i would have to change my whole race format so that i had qualifying
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 5:12 pm

Oh yeah....you have a heat race now.  I like that idea too.  Then I say cap the sign up at 16.  You don't want it to be unmanagable right out of the gate.  That causes mistakes and end up with drama (I think we all know what I am talking about). 

I would also volunteer to get the boot if you reach the cap.  I am def going to miss the first three weeks of the series, so I don't want to fill a spot if others will show.  I'll just run practice with you guys and help poke fun at Roscoe!  HA!
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 5:16 pm

well i'm tempted to let it get to 18 or so in the knowledge/hope that there are certain drivers who might not make it every week.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Race lobby Size, Please Vote Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 8:01 pm

That sounds best to me. If more show up than 16 to race then go by highest in points gets in. That's the most fair to me.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 8:25 am

I voted to keep 1 lobby, but there will be 32 participants?  ...I see many new people joinning in.

How many peolpe is serious confirmed on the series?
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

15 confirmed as of now, but Snowman will miss the first few races.  I expect at least one more for a solid total of 16.  We could use an alternate list or sub drivers, I'm sure someone will have to miss a race during the season for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 9:28 am

Cool, in that case, is better to keep one lobby, and work hard to qulify in.
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

NSA Max

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 9:42 am

Manuel CR wrote:
Cool, in that case, is better to keep one lobby, and work hard to qulify in.

+1 Agree!
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 10:13 am

Right i'm capping the sign-up at 16, anyone who signs-up after will be put on a reserve list and invited if registered players are not online
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

This looks to be a big hit. Bigger than you thought huh! Might be OddSphere's claim to Forza fame.
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 2:44 pm

much bigger than i expected, i'm going to need everyones patience and commitment to make this the excellent series it can be
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

USA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013, 2:59 pm

You know im down to help out however i can to see you get this ... 'odd'-ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

USA
Car Number : 78
Home Town : O-side, CA

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptySat 06 Jul 2013, 2:47 pm

Just found this series....I will have to wait till next season. Looks like a metric ass ton of fun!
Back to top Go down
Oddball7000

Oddball7000

UK

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote EmptySat 06 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

Sign-up man, we've had a drop out. There are teams you can join or you can run as a privateer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race lobby Size, Please Vote   Race lobby Size, Please Vote Empty

Back to top Go down

Race lobby Size, Please Vote

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1