NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

24hours of Hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

24hours of Hell Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

24hours of Hell Empty
PostSubject: 24hours of Hell   24hours of Hell EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

I put in a good test session today. Didn't push the car at all, simply tried to lay down consistent and clean race laps. Obviously I had no traffic to deal with but I got some useful info out of it. I have the tune ready (for now) and the car is balanced very well for the long run. It oversteers slightly with full fuel, runs best laps from about 3/4 tank to empty. Only starts to understeer once you're down to about 12 gallons but it's very manageable. Move your brake points a little farther from turn in and it compesates great for the understeer, also keep in mind there will be less weight over the front tires so they do tent to lock up easier, but moving the braking points is enough to avoid excessive locking.

So here is the run down of my session. Default weather, track usage at 80% (to simulate the track a couple hours into the race). Layout Gesamtstreckte 24h. I am calling my outlet lap one since in the race there is no out lap
Lap 1-  No time recorded
Lap 2- 8:51.172
Lap 3- 8:51.338
Lap 4- 8:49.501 (small off, 1x)
Lap 5- 8:52.398 (to much speed into mini carousel, 0x)
Lap 6- 8:50.409 (small off, 1x)
Lap 7- 8:47.887 (start to really tell the speed difference with no fuel)
Lap 8- 9:10.197 (pit in lap)

So in the race that's 8 laps per stint. I had 2.9 gallons of fuel when I pit in. Coming down the long straight I hit 3.1 gallons for 1.0 laps of fuel left. At 3.05 gallons it went to .9, that was well before pit road. I say we don't gamble in the race and if we have less than 3.2 gallons coming into the front stretch (gp circuit) then we pit in.

As far as tires go, we have been cautious up to now and changed tires every pit, I ran 2 stints in a set at Sebring and lost no speed. Based on lap times from one stint here I feel like we can double stint with no issue. I was still gaining time on the tires. I'll do another session when I have time and go 2 stints in 1 set and see how that affect lap times. I'm guessing now that I'll see no difference in lap times.

Well that's all for now, I'll put a practice session up this weekend so we can share the tune and get some laps in and discuss strategy and how everyone feels about the car at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

24hours of Hell Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

24hours of Hell Empty
PostSubject: Re: 24hours of Hell   24hours of Hell EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017, 4:47 pm

Let's see if this works. Trying to do this the quick way. Sorry for the shit pic.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/20/96/85/03161710.jpg

That's where I'm at on the paint. Needing some input from you guys. Not 100% sure it's the route I am going yet. But for now it's where I'm at. First off, do I continue with it or scrap and start over? Second, for the hood, should I use the decal from the door to come down the side of the hood or put a team slogan on the hood? If we go slogan I need some ideas.
Back to top Go down

24hours of Hell

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1