NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
snowman529

snowman529

USA
Car Number : 29
Home Town : Killingworth, CT

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 4:06 am

Yeah that sucked. I worked my way to the lead, even passed Brendan under green. I wasn't feeling well all night but I knew I was fast so I tried to tough it out. Threw up in the middle of 3/4 on that last restart and had to quit. Been sick all night. Really sucks, I think I had a shot to win.

Sorry you got taken out man. Luck will start coming your way.
Back to top Go down
http://simracinglife.wordpress.com/
Dr PiiHB

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 7:22 am

Oh wow. Feel better man. Jimmy Spencer won a race with the flu....just saying.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 8:00 am

Hater. Haha
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Apr 2016, 9:11 am

Just jealous I can't keep up when I am healthy
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

Didn't see you in practice last night, but just an update, I suck. Started out terrible man, I was almost a second off pace...at a 15 second track...

Ended up getting some tips and gained a little time. We ran SoBo and top guys were hitting 14.7xx. I ended up getting into the 15.3xx range and wasn't the slowest one there. Big achievement for me. It's weird man, I like running short tracks with the late model better than the xfinity cars but I am so much better in the big cars. I think it's the fixed setup the late models run. They are always so tight and when I do a setup in those things I make it loose where you gotta drive through the corner with the throttle. Just can't grasp how to exit a corner with these setups. Any throttle makes the rear bite and push straight toward the wall. Hopefully I'll figure it out before the season starts.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 11:27 am

Yeah, I was still sick. I went to bed before practice even started. For what its worth, I had the same growing pains when I started. It took me almost a year to be competitive in any leagues. You have something going on though, you've already won as many open races as I have in three years I think. Smile

I feel the exact same way about the late models and short tracks. I even prefer a tighter set up, but these fixed set ups are rough. I always feel like I'm burning up the RR to get through the turns, and the arc leaves the bottom wide open. I always hated California, Michigan, Texas....but now they seem to be my best tracks.

Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm

I hate Bristol. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm

I haven't turned any laps yet. You in a lobby somewhere?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 10:31 pm

Nope. I was .7xx off the pace in a practice lobby and couldn't run more than 3 laps without spinning into the inside wall. So I thought I'd try the miata at Road Atlanta. After 30 minutes, I still hadn't completed 1 full lap. I logged off before I ripped my wheel off the desk....and its hard mounted.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 10:32 pm

Yeah doesn't sound like your night. I'm watching the isuoerspeedway race. Really considering joining that league. It's always good racing plus I ran very strong at Daytona. My Friday night's are usually my gaming night anyways so it would give me something to do.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 11:37 pm

Well I turned about 70 laps before bed and I gotta say, I love this track. You really got drive off of 4 with the throttle. All about that throttle control and that's what I like. It's going to be a crazy race but I think most everybody will run clean.

Turned an average of 15.7xx with a fast of 15.5xx. Not sure if it'll help but I am running a 14:1 steering ratio. Also turn one go in mid and go up to the wall as you slow and leave two low. Three go in mid and stay mid and leave four low. It's a little loose but don't go full throttle until you are all the way out of four and it won't slide at all. Full throttle leaving four is slippery but about 3/4 throttle it hooks very nice and ease all the way in as you come off the banking. Took about 50 laps to figure that out.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016, 11:38 pm

So easy to overdrive the corners here. Slow down a little more than you think you need to. Have I said I love short track racing yet?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 9:12 am

Hey man, just a heads up....I might not make the race tonight. I have a ton to do around the house tonight and ton of stuff for work to do. I'm gonna try to make it, but it might be close. If I'm not there, good luck man. Hold it down for NSA.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 9:15 am

I'll do my best. I've watched two of the races here this week and the xfinity race went horribly, wrecks everywhere, about half the laps ran. Then the rsr race went green for 95 laps straight and the leader ran out of gas on the back stretch last lap and lost the lead after a long close battle. Great race. So it could go either way. Hopefully we can stay green a while. Well I hope to see you, if not I'll let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 8:41 pm

I seem to be faster when I run the middle/high middle, and exit low. You can only do it effectively for a couple of laps...but I have been able to maintain speed more in the middle than up high.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm

Interesting. I'll give it a whirl
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

This is gonna be bad
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 9:05 pm

total shit show
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 10:13 pm

Well I only got caught up once. Everyone decided to come right back up on track after the first caution as the traffic came by. I swerved to avoid some idiot coming off the apron and slammed into the car running third. F"cked up the rest of my night. Ended up waiting very late to pit and only took 2 tires. That worked great for about 15 laps. But luckily the race was almost over. Overall I could have had a good night. Once my damage was fixed and those tires were on I was able to keep up again. Too bad the race was basically over. I was watching you while my damage got fixed and wanted to warn you about that guy sliding down the track so bad, but my mummbles were useless. He tagged you anyways. Still managed a top 10, great run man.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 10:30 pm

Yeah, I'll take a top 10 at Bristol every day. That was way better than I should have finished I think. I was holding people up all over the place. I was surprised I didn't get turned a few times. I got caught up once too, but luckily it was mostly cosmetic so I didn't even repair it. That was actually a much cleaner of a race than I thought it would be.

I'm definitely going to miss next week. First track day of the year is that night, so I'm going to run for real for a change. Check out the set up though....its crazy tight.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016, 10:32 pm

Well that's not what I want to hear, it ended up being a little tight at Bristol for the night race. Have fun next week man, wish I could race for real, that's the dream.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016, 5:55 pm

Don't know if I will make the race tonight either. Been sick all weekend. Going to doc now to see if it's the flu. Hopefully I'll be better by Thursday. Late model series approval series is kicking off this week too.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016, 6:40 pm

How did the first day of racing go for you Tuesday? Have fun in the little miata?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 6:01 am

It was pretty good. It was cold and rainy, so it started out pretty slow. People were sliding and spinning all over the place. Track started drying late and the third session was fast. Set a new personal best on my third to last lap, but I also have a tire run issue. Had to gut inner fender guard to make room. Here is session 1. Lap 15 I spin the tires out of the hairpin. You know it's wet when the 114 hp Miata is squirly.

Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 9:05 am

Freakin sweet. Looks like a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 9:22 am

Yeah its a blast, and fairly cheap all things considered. You can find Miata stuff anywhere.

Only thing I don't like is the thing has no guts. I can top out at about 94 at the end of that long straight, but some of the Vette's are hitting 140. Nothing like being on the floorboard and someone passes you going 50 miles per hour faster than you...haha! Wifey bought me a Flying Miata turbo for Christmas that I'm planning to install in August. That should bump me from about 93hp at the wheels to about 160. I wanted to get a few tack days in though before I started that project. God only knows how long it will take me to get that right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 9:46 am

Yeah no kidding. That'll make it a lot more fun. We better get videos when that goes on.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 10:16 am

Oh yeah for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 01 May 2016, 10:36 am

We gonna get in any drafting practice for Talladega? Pretty excited about this week since Daytona has been my only decent finish so far, without having any major problems that is.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 8:52 pm

No one got my Stroker Ace reference in practice? WTF is that all about? #disappointed
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 9:56 pm

Well I'm sure if I could have heard it I would have said something. Unfortunately that eol put me in the precisely wrong spot. Someone got turned and I had nowhere to go. Hit head on and blew it up. Looks like another disappointing ending this week. First race I'll actually be officially out of the race and not finish on track. I was running so damn good!!! Aaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 9:57 pm

Was running what, third or fourth at one point right?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 10:04 pm

Yeah you were third at one point. I was on my way up to you running 7th or 8th. I thought we were poised to have a strong team run. I got cleaned out twice just minding my own business. I didn't even see either car hit me....just bam! Oh well, Kansas next week. I ran an open lobby race last night and it was awesome. I finished 7th after taking the wall down in 2, but the setup was a little loose and fast. The high line was the way to go for sure but it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 10:04 pm

Damn it, I just watched the replay. Sorry for killing you. That's about the fastest I've seen a car twirl in this game.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 10:07 pm

Haha...its all good man. I would have tried to squeeze down there too.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 10:11 pm

The spotter is always slow to say clear. I didn't hear clear until after I was already down in front of him. Looked clear in the mirror and it had to be the slightest graze on his bumper. I didn't feel it in the car at all and it also didn't make that lovely crunch noise when you hit another car. At Talladega that's all it takes though. Just sucks you were the first car he hit moving 190+. If I had to guess it spooked him more than made him turn like that.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 10:15 pm

Yeah when I watched the replay I was really surprised at the outcome. You barely touched him, there was really know reason for him to spin the way he did. I think you're probably right, it happened so fast it spooked him and her jerked the wheel to correct and over did it. Sucks, but what can you do.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 8:30 pm

High line is the fast way around Thompson. My braking point is at the gate opening going into 1, and at the NASCAR lettering going in to 3. You may have to play with it to find what works for you, but that's a good start.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:00 pm

Hell yeah man...coming back from a lap down to finish 8th! NSA representing with two top 10's. Great job man,
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:16 pm

Yeah I hate that track. Really surprised I kept pace. Early on I struggled and the cautions saved me. About lap 60 though I figured it out and actually began to pass people. Once I got the lucky dog it was on. Came from 14th to 8th right at the end. The two guys spinning right in front of me helped a little. A lot of good heads up driving tonight to avoid running over people and still not get caught in the crashes. Hate to say it but a bit cleaner driving than the can am series. Nice run getting 5th. I tried to keep bringing up the f2 menu to see where you were. Looked like you ran too 8 pretty much all night. Good showing for nsa tonight. Great work man.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:23 pm

Thanks man. Yeah the line here is tough...tough to pass cause everyone stays up high. There was so much beating and banging going on, it was awesome. Nothing reckless, just good hard racing, pressing each other.

Hopefully Kansas will clean things up a bit in Can-Am. I'd like to see how people handle some long green runs on the tire rule.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:25 pm

Are we running kansas? Thought next round was Dover in 2 weeks?
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyThu 05 May 2016, 10:40 pm

FUCK! You are right. I hate Dover.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyFri 06 May 2016, 7:02 am

I don't have that one. I'm out til Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 08 May 2016, 11:29 am

Not sure if you saw, but CanAm is starting a road series it seems. They are running GT cars at the Glen tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptySun 08 May 2016, 11:35 am

Yeah I saw that, why on mother's day? I love that track. I deffinately plan on running if it's something they will continue. I'll just have to buy more tracks and cars, I only have the Porsche and it's the only gt3 car they aren't including, that's my luck though.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 11:13 am

Anyone interested in taking a peak, here's a few pictures uploaded by upstate racing league from last Thursdays race.
https://m.facebook.com/1423308804580250/photos/pcb.1758750181036109/1758749864369474/?type=3&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.upstateracingleague.com%2Fhome.html
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 11:22 am

Good shot of you battling on the outside, and another of you narrowly getting through a wreck.

I'm pissed I'm going to miss this Thursday (boys weekend). You'll have to hold it down.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 11:28 am

I'll do my best. I love running at concord. Great track so hopefully I can pull off something good. I think it's my only win in the iracing late model series.
Back to top Go down
snowman529

snowman529

USA

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 EmptyMon 09 May 2016, 11:30 am

Oh yeah Concord...now I'm really bummed. I love that place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nein Shiza to invade iRacing   Nein Shiza to invade iRacing - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nein Shiza to invade iRacing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next