NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:39 pm

I checked the track and there were 2 cars left that had not passed me. One was way clear and then you were also behind me at that point. You moved over and I thought that meant you saw me and gave me room to come back on track. I stayed far left when re entering. I didn't come all the way back to the middle of the track until I was last. Once I got behind you your car slowed a great deal and I went back around you. I didn't mean to get in your way but when I looked back, I thought you saw me and the left side of the track was clear. If that wasn't the case I apologize. I had already been taken to the grass and I definitely didn't want to cause anyone else trouble. I also want to say sorry to soforth. Not sure what happened at turn four but I thought I could go inside there. Want expecting you to slow as much as yo did. I should have been more cautious. It was a long race and I was already trying to gain the time I lost prior. Sorry to take you out of it too.
Back to top Go down
hiredgun308

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Hired10
hiredgun308

Ford
Car Number : 22
Home Town : USA

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 10:49 pm

I don't know who all was off the track I know you were and you did wait to come back on. There was least one other car that came back on and it push the field over into me I think it was hunter that made contact with me and I'm not blaming him it was probably just his reactions trying to get way from the the cars swerving at him. I did slow I was trying to see how much damage I just got from hunter. It is what it is its racing. Enjoy the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

USA
Car Number : 3
Home Town : East Harftord, CT

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 1:45 am

Im not sure how DNF's are counted here, but i only finished 7th. A close 7th but still only 7th. When i gained on the cars in front of me one of the McLarens was jittery and i didnt want to get smacked, so i was driving really carefully, and then We'd get to certain parts of the track where the draft i was in actually slowed me up badly. Then i finally got by Max and was about to get to racing Manuel and i see Max making a charge. Eventually he catches me and the brakes on that thing are soo good that i thought he locked them and i pumped the gas and went wide expecting him to almost hit me, but he didnt lol. I swear i saw that thing get WAY to big behind me haha. Oh well, I think piihb quit out before Hired so that would make him like 13th? 12th? Im not sure to be honest, i just know that we lost a quarter of the field.

On a slightly different note, and im not throwing stone here at all, there was some awkward lap time differences during qually, 13s and real low 14s seemed a bit much affraid Im thinking thats because of the midseason car changes? That Bentley is going to be interesting to race with, it doesnt handle as bad as it could all things considered but MAN does it have incredible speed. I dont envy the stewards that are going to balance that thing.
Back to top Go down
StalkerStang

StalkerStang

Mustang
Car Number : 90
Home Town : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 2:47 am

There was some lack of communication in regards to certain cars and the times they were running. I take partial responsibility for it, and there will be a points adjustement for it.

The Bentley is a WIP. Road America was going to be the place where it was fastest, it will be more inline at Tsukuba where its speed won't mean as much.

Back to top Go down
iTuneTANKS

iTuneTANKS

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Flagbl10
Car Number : 7

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 2:53 am

Believe it or not it was near 2 seconds faster when we started, me and Stang have been working together to slow it down and I even took a Nerf moments before Qually was due to start with the perimaters of the build being "13's to be near impossible", in fact it was myself who balanced out the car moment before the race upon Stang's last minute request, and I think I was successful, going from 13.5's to 14.2's.

Post-race Balancing I don't think is going to be a major problem, bit of power/grip here and there if absoloutely neccessary, but the car is equal, not trying to sound egotistical but the ONE reason it handled the way it did, was because I had spent hours upon hours getting it setup to do, so not an easy feat, if you think the car did most of the work, I urge you to copy my build, and try to tune one yourself, Only then will I support your statement.
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 3:09 am

So can everyone acknowledge that the Bentley was in its first race and, yes it was fast but also got hammered parts wise in the days prior to the race and since the driver is not a threat to the points that all will be fine.  There were cars in the first two races of the season that did the same exact thing.  The winner was also a first race car and there was a communication error that has already been fixed so all will be fine and drivers can now finally rest easy.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 4:29 am

Hired quit out before I did. Good try sainted but I don't think it matters. Either way I get 0 points. I completed no laps and dnf'd.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Rpc11
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Cadillac
Car Number : 33
Home Town : WNY/THE LAND OF LAKE EFFECT

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 7:01 am

... Interesting replay... Im thinking no drinking that was a shit show on lap one... Hired don't quit man
Phiib there was more then enough room for both of us in fact telemetry says you washed out into me I let off you got turned...
Back to top Go down
NSA Max

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Max11
NSA Max

USA
Car Number : 21
Home Town : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 7:04 am

According to SCCA rules governing PWC, once a driver is classified as "starting" the race, they will receive championship points.

Back to top Go down
https://neinshiza.forumotion.com
Simcik

Simcik

USA
Car Number : 05
Home Town : Big Sandy, Texas

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 9:29 am

That's what I thought, DNF still get's points for the place they finish (quit, break, lag, etc.) in.

Never heard of DNFs getting 0 points.

Now, a DNS? That's a 0.

GTS was a good race, but we had some lag troubles early on. The whole event was very clean, and rather close for most of the event.

Lap 1 Turn 1 was intense. I am surprised that there wasn't contact, as close as Stalker, Blakey, and myself were, and I really didn't want to quit out because I wouldn't be able to get the replay of it.

The subsequent restarts didn't go as well for me, and I go shuffled back to 4th pretty quickly, where I got stuck. A cramping stomach, slight fever, and headache didn't help me any. I was really looking forward to running up front for a change, but it just didn't happen. I never got below a 1:21.8, and never ran two good laps back to back, when I'd been running consistent 1:21.2s in practice. I was pretty disappointed in myself...

Oh well, not much I can do about it now. It was still a good race, and still fun. The GTS cars are getting tighter every week. Keep up the good work, guys.
Back to top Go down
http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

Costa Rica
Car Number : 76
Home Town : COSTA RICA

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 10:22 am

We have to face that Warspite is an amazing driver, no matter what car he is on, he is competitive.

He changed the car and the track to race was favorable to his new car, I knew my car wast going to be strong on this track, and times are not so far considering the strenght of every car.
But, cars are balanced for mid/shorts tracks, where handling cars are heavily reduced, so at speed tracks we are doomed.

Stalker, i´m not complaining, everything is a challenge for me, and score as much points as i can is my goal!
Keep going with your job.

Hired, you are not so bad in championship points, stay we love you! I love you 

Back to top Go down
Moesavy

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Moe10
Moesavy

USA
Car Number : 20
Home Town : Georgia, Usa

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 11:43 am

I was fairly impressed to be able to hang on to warspite for the 2 laps after he got by lol. Good race all in all for the # 20 xaddy. Went for handling and it showed on the straights. Bring on tsukuba
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

USA
Car Number : 3
Home Town : East Harftord, CT

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyTue 03 Jun 2014, 12:20 pm

@Warspite nah man im not taking anything way from you i kno its a hard car to drive fast, maybe it came out wrong but i was tryin ot give you some cred for making it turn so well.

@Piihb yeah, i knew you were going ot get points for whenever you dnf'd, this was just a chance for you to secure a lead in points, but since you didnt i gained a few on you. It didnt secure the championship.

I think the racing was good though. Tsukuba is shorter so its going to be interesting. Its all about acceleration there.
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Jun 2014, 7:02 am

Scooby has always been the best race of any season I race.  I love that track!  Bumper to bumper but so wide that there is plenty of room to race rubbing instead of wrecking.  You never feel like youre that far behind because its so small.  Should be awesome for you GT guys in the high DF cars eh?   Corner Exit is crucial I noticed in GTS practice race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America   PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PWC GT/GTS Round 9 @ Road America

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2