NSA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Racing, Forza, ProjectCARS, iRacing, Gran Turismo

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 3 Logistics and Administration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The LSA

Jake
Car Number : 64
Home Town : Little Rock, AR

Season 3 Logistics and Administration Empty
PostSubject: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration EmptySun 02 Feb 2014, 10:46 pm

There will be some changes for Season 3, including a possible restructuring of performance adjustments and a restructuring of points awards.  Here is what I propose:

First off, the driver-based PI changes are gone--the build that I post is what is run, because I have spent a helluva lot of time trying to get the cars even, and all that work can be done in vain if a fast driver hops in a competitive car.  So, I will instead use the system that the real-life DSC uses, or "success time penalties."  That is, the following will happen during the following races:

Position     Time Penalty (seconds)
1st           15
2nd           10
3rd           5
4th           -5
5th           -10
6th+         -15

Penalties are cumulative.  Here is an example:
Say a racer finishes 1st in the first race.  He will have 15s added to his total time for the second race.  He will keep this penalty.  If, in the second race, he finishes 1st again, he will have 30s added to his third race.  
Now, say he finished 6th in that second race.  He will deduct 15s from his penalty, so that his third race will have 0s added to it.

Conversely, say a racer finishes 4th or lower every race.  He will not have time taken away from his total, but will not have time added.

This is mathematically involved, but I can work through spreadsheets much faster than I can ensure parity via manual testing.  The real series uses stopwatches in the pits to enforce time penalties; as we have no required pits or in-game stopwatches, we can just add the time onto the end of the races.  

NOW, here is where you guys have a choice.  I'll make the decision by majority rule.  We can either do things as previously described, or we can run this series as has been done in the past.  

All that said, the cars are close, and I know this because I have spreadsheets with thousands of recorded lap times by every car on my list at almost every track.  The full list of builds for Super GT, GT, and Supersport will be posted in the next couple of days.

THE POINTS SYSTEM

The real series uses a different scoring method, so I will be adopting that.  Here it is:

1st = 20
2nd = 18
3rd = 16
4th = 14
5th =12
6th = 10
7th = 8
8th = 6
9th = 4
10th = 2
11th+ = 0

Pole Position = 1
Fastest Lap = 1
Back to top Go down
Ex US Squid

Ex US Squid

Dodge
Car Number : 4
Home Town : Willamette Valley, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration EmptyMon 03 Feb 2014, 5:59 pm

I like the idea.... Not sure how it will work out in Forza until we try it but since we cant add weight and the real Dutch uses this, it could work pretty effectively.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Season 3 Logistics and Administration Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration EmptySun 26 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

Seems like a good compromise. It will be tough to keep on top with this system. If a driver gets caught up in traffic or makes the slightest mistake, they could drop just enough time to win the race but still finish second or third overall. Should shake things up a bit. I am interested to see this in practice.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

Jake
Car Number : 64
Home Town : Little Rock, AR

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014, 1:22 am

Nah I've decided to go with the standard PI adjustment system. I could do this if I had full access to telemetry and control over parts/fuel capacity/etc, but it's just Forza. PI adjustments/penalty buckets are easier.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Season 3 Logistics and Administration Piihb10
Dr PiiHB

USA
Car Number : 86
Home Town : Darlington, SC/Lexington, NC

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014, 2:00 am

Makes sense thay way. Very limited to handicap control in this game. Especially dealing with the race cars. Much less to work with in terms of weight, power, and balancing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Logistics and Administration   Season 3 Logistics and Administration Empty

Back to top Go down

Season 3 Logistics and Administration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1